Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I've been preparing demos, finding contact information, getting a web presence established, and in general doing everything I can to avoid the onerous "making of the cold venue calls". I'm really good at it. Sadly I've now left myself no other excuses so I hope to begin reporting on some event schedules soon. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile I've continued my imagery exercises and gotten in some writing. I think what I've been doing has been more robust but you be the judge. Feel free to voice (ok, keyboard) your opinions. I include a very rough sound clip I banged out on my iPod+microphone. The idea is to give you a flavor of how the music/words go together, not to underwhelm you with my fumblings. It's in the key of Gm (the loneliest key--it's not just my opinion, it's the truth) for those keeping score (heh. heh.) at home.


Long Cold Lonely Winter

V.1
You left me
In September
When the leaves
Lay dead and brown

Now I'm snowbound
And it's midnight
And there's noone
Else around

Chorus:

It's been a long cold lonely winter
Since you went away
It's been a long cold lonely winter
And now the ice and snow are here to stay
You are the sun that warms my heart love
You are the spring, you set me free
It's been a long cold lonely winter
Please come home to me

V. 2
The wind carves
In the shadows
And howls
Your name

The trees crack
From the inside
And I do
The same

Chorus:

V. 3
I wish I
Could come and find you
But I waited
Too long

Now the snow drifts
Deep as sorrow
And I know I
Did you wrong

Chorus:

No comments:

Post a Comment