Thursday, May 14, 2009

Well I've finally begun...sort of. I've made my list, checked it twice, and started calling. I have even nearly lined up a few dates. The venues have tentatively agreed and are confirming things on their end so I have every reason to assume I'll be able to get things rolling with the side (and in-between and around the edges) project. I'll keep folks posted on the wheres and whens.

Which brings me to "sort of."

As much as I was prepared to get going with the solo act it appears that the solo act was not quite ready for me. After having a wonderful jam with CJ, my band's current fiddle player, we've made plans to do these shows as a duet. Format will be the same: old time tunes, string band blues, oddball originals...stuff that doesn't fit the band or overlap its repertoire. The band is the meal ticket; the side project may pay for dessert. I loves me some dessert though.

With a little luck I'll have some video to post soon. I'm looking forward to having an opportunity to fill up all my dead time with music, even if the money will be slim. It won't be slim forever and we'll both get a chance to stretch out and play all the stuff we noodle with at home. I'm stoked. The more I get to play the better I feel.

Off to Ashland, WI, for the weekend tomorrow. The 'Pigs are playing a folk festival. More next week. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment